• Depart Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina in Port Douglas at 8:00am cruising along the tropical coastline taking in views of the Daintree Rainforest whilst getting familiar with the vessel and the crew (cruise time approximately 3 hours).
• Arrive at the sandy Mackay Cay atoll, which is an important nesting and breeding ground for many sea birds and turtles. Take the opportunity to enjoy a gourmet picnic on the secluded beach, play a game of beach cricket or snorkel the surrounding protected reef for the afternoon. This can be a great opportunity for those not familiar with snorkelling to master the simple process from the beach. Grab a kayak for a paddle or enjoy the tropical sun – the day is yours.
• As part of your all-inclusive adventure, sundowners and canapés are served on the top deck overlooking the Daintree Rainforest coastline and then be tantalised by your first night’s dinner served by the on-board chef. For the more adventurous, enjoy a spot of night fishing in to the late evening.
• Wake and be amazed by morning peak hour traffic below the surface of the Great Barrier Reef followed by a gourmet breakfast before cruising for two hours to Anderson Reef. During the cruise, we will drop a line and troll for tuna and mackerel in the hope of catching the evening’s dinner feast.
• Arrive at our skipper’s favourite site, Anderson Reef, and get the chance to spot sea turtles, anemone fish and even a cheeky shark or two. Spend the afternoon snorkelling the reef wonders or enjoying one of our many water toys. Try your hand at catching a coral trout by casting “Poppers” and an assortment of lures over the reef shallows.
• Retire to the top deck for sundowners followed by a sumptuous dinner surrounded by the glistening stars and stillness of the open sea. A spot of night fishing is always on hand for those that wish to try for that elusive catch.
Photo courtesy of Tourism Tropical North Queensland
• MV Bahama heads south, weaving her way through a maze of stunning reefs along the Outer Barrier Reef. Enjoy the stunning reef wall at North Opal Reef where one can drift snorkel alongside one kilometre of stunning coral and marine life; truly a once in a lifetime experience.
• After lunch take a guided snorkelling tour of North Opal lagoon where you get to meet Angus, our friendly, local Maori Wrasse (a big, beautiful blue fish with amazing markings on the sides of his face). Angus is just one of the many and varied marine life you will encounter on the tour.
• Time for the three-hour charter home in luxury along the rainforest coastline, possibly sunning oneself on the foredeck sun lounges.