Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
Get ready for the ultimate hot chocolate recipe that'll make you leave the packet mixes behind
Oh, and did we mention it's vegan-friendly!
- Two cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Three tbsp organic peanut butter
- Three tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- Five drops stevia or Natvia to taste
- Coconut milk (optional)
- Dark chocolate chips (optional)
- One tsp coconut oil (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring almond milk, peanut butter, cacao and sweetener to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10-minutes, whisking constantly until peanut butter is melted and almond milk is frothy.
- Optional servings:
- Whipped cream. While hot chocolate is coming to a simmer, mix coconut milk in a high-speed blender, refrigerate.
- Chocolate and peanut butter drizzle. Microwave 10 dark chocolate chips and 1/2 tsp coconut oil for 30-seconds. Stir. Microwave again if needed. Microwave peanut butter and the other half of coconut oil for 30-seconds. Stir. Microwave again if needed.
- Pour hot chocolate into your favourite mug or cup, top with whipped coconut milk then chocolate peanut butter drizzle.
Source: Create Mindfully