CC’s Bar and Grill Crab Cakes
Enjoy this delicious crab cakes recipe, the perfect dish for a light al fresco lunch or dinner with the whole family
- One bunch chives
- Half bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- One free-range egg
- 500g sustainably-sourced cooked mud crab meat
- Two large Desiree potatoes
- One tsp white ground pepper
- One tbsp sea salt
- Zest of two lemons
- Plain flour for dusting
- Olive oil
- Pea shoot tentacles to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Wash potatoes and cook whole in the oven until soft, once soft mash together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Finely chop the chives and parsley.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the egg and add crabmeat, potatoes, chives, parsley, white pepper, lemon zest and sea salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Separate and shape mixture into 100g cakes, dust with plain flour.
- Shallow-fry cakes in olive oil over a medium heat for five minutes each side or until golden-brown.
- Serve with pea shoot tentacles and enjoy with loved ones.