Nail your at-home mani and pedi with tips from our Eléme Day Spa therapists, this can be as simple or indulgent as you wish
What you'll need:
- Small soaking bowl
- Large soaking bowl
- Nail file
- Orange stick
- Coloured nail polish
- Clear nail polish
- Cotton tip
- Nail polish remover
What to do:
- Before you start, make sure your finger and toe nails are polish-free using a non-acetone polish remover.
- Indulge in your favourite moisturiser and spend some time massaging it into your feet.
- Fill a large tub with warm water and soak your feet before drying and buffing.
- Shape your nails, it doesn’t have to be fancy. We suggest a round nail as they always look elegant!
- Push back your cuticles using an orange stick.
- Don’t forget the oh-so-important basecoat. This smooths any ridges and creates and even surface.
- Apply two thin coats of your favourite colour, waiting a couple of minutes between layers. Why not go bold and try a bright new colour!
- Apply a clear topcoat once the colour is dry. Stroke across the top of each nail to prevent chips. Clean up any edges using a cotton tip and nail polish remover.
- Time to pay a little attention to your delicate hands by repeating steps two to eight.
- Now, just chill and resist the urge to do or touch anything. Sit back and relax, you deserve it!
Tip: When filing always file dry nails and in one direction to avoid damage to the free edge of the nail. Sawing back forth with the file can weaken the nail edge and could cause it to split. Buff across the top of the nail to even out ridges.