Big Love for Mother Earth
Cabin fever? We get it, dreams of exotic holidays (and exquisite hotels!) are a fanciful thing of the future for now.
All the same, there is a lot to be thankful for. Take a look out the window, give a thought to the wonder of our beautiful Mother Earth and how lucky we are to call her home.
We pulled up some fascinating facts* to ponder the afternoon away:
- The amount of water on Earth is constant, meaning that, like energy, it is constantly being used, filtered, and recycled.
- We cut down about 27,000 trees every single day to make toilet paper. That’s a lot of trees. Don’t hoard toilet paper.
- Humans and elephants share one facial trait that no other animals have: chins (cool eh?).
- 75% of every vehicle is recyclable.
- Dolphins are shiny for a reason; they shed their top layer of skin every two hours or so.
- The oldest trees in the world are 4,600 years old and grow in the Americas.
- Butterflies can taste with their feet.
- Aluminium can be recycled forever.
- One hour of sun provides earth with enough solar energy to power the planet for a year.
Our busy lives will return. Enjoy our current abundance of time. Stay safe and keep well. #ResponsibleLuxury