Sustainable Herb Garden
At home with Crystalbrook
What you will need:
- Large recycled jar
- Super glue
What to do:
- Using hot water and soap, clean and remove any labels or stickers from the jar. Dry the outside of the jar.
- To measure lengths, place the material around the jar and mark where the material meets, allow a 2cm overlap.
- Using scissors cut the two material to the appropriate length and desired width if needed.
- Place the thicker piece of material around the jar, use the super glue to stick the material together at the back of the jar.
- Repeat this process with the second piece of material.
- Starting from the front of the jar, wrap the length of twine around the jar and loop back around to the front.
- Fasten tightly with a double knot and a bow. By tying tightly this will keep the material from slipping down. Cut off any excess twine.
- Around the rim of the jar, starting from the front, wrap the second length of twine around, loop back to the front, then again to the back. Tie tightly with a double knot and use scissors to cut off excess twine.
- Fill one-third of the jar with gravel or pebbles.
- Fill the remainder of the jar with soil almost to the top.
- Plant herbs and fill remainder of jar with soil.