Bacon and Eggs Benedict with Avocado
This quintessential breakfast favourite will be the star of any decadent brunch
- Four free-range eggs from your local farmer
- Two tbsp white vinegar
- One wholegrain organic English muffin
- 200g melted grass-fed butter
- Half organic avocado
- Organic lemon
- Two pieces of free-range bacon rashers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make hollandaise sauce combine one tbsp white vinegar and two egg yolks in a food processor on high speed, slowly adding in the hot melted butter. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and set aside until needed.
- Poach the eggs. Fill a saucepan two-thirds full of water and add a splash of white vinegar.
- Bring water to a boil on high heat, then reduce to a medium-low heat. Stir the water until a whirlpool forms.
- Break one egg into a shallow dish or teacup, then slowly slide into the water. Repeat immediately with second egg.
- Poach without stirring for three-four minutes, depending how you like your eggs cooked.
- Scoop eggs out of the water with a slotted spoon and tap onto a tea towel to remove excess water.
- While eggs are poaching, cut the English muffin in half and toast.
- Fry bacon in a medium pan over high heat until crispy.
- Time to plate up! Place one piece of crispy bacon and one poached egg on each side of the toasted English muffin.
- Reheat the hollandaise sauce for 10 seconds at a time in the microwave. Be careful not to overheat and split the sauce. Spoon over eggs and finish off with cracked pepper.
- Slice half an avocado on the side, try fanning it out for something a little fancy!